Call for Entries Closed
Thanks for your interest and participation!
If you have any doubt or comments, you can write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any clarification about he bases of participaton we published the Convocatora in the bottom part.
13 MONTERREY INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
CALL FOR ENTRIES
The Monterrey International Film Festival in collaboration with the Secretaría de Cultura del Gobierno Federal, the Consejo para la Cultura y las Artes de Nuevo Leon, and Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León and the Secretaría de Cultura, invites you to participate in its thirteenth edition which will take place on August 23d trough 31st 2017.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Mexican and International films can participate if they were completed after January 1st of 2016.
- Submitted films may be selected to participate in the following sections:
- International Feature Films
- International short films
- Mexican Feature Films
- Mexican Film Short Films
- Out of competition sections.
- Short films must be from 1 to 29 minutes in length. Full-length films must be longer than 60 minutes. Medium-length films will not be accepted in any category.
- The Festival Programming Committee reserves the right to change a film registered in one category to another if it deems it necessary.
- Filmmakers can enter as many films as they desire. There is no restriction to the amount of films entered; this also applies to distributors and cultural institutions. However, every film must be entered separately by completing the registration form, obtaining an individual film ID number for each film and paying the applicable fee.
- The Committee will not consider films that already have been projected in Monterrey, Mexico or have a release date in Monterrey before the Festival.
- The Monterrey International Film Festival cannot accept films in which its employees have participated as director, producer, screenwriter or lead actor. This also applies to the Festival’s consultants, suppliers, and officers of Secretaria de Cultura de la Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo León, CONARTE and the Ministry of Culture. Projects and activities related or representative of municipal, state or federal public institutions are not accepted. Employees and owners of sponsors and trade partners of the Festival cannot participate.
- Registering a film to the Festival means accepting the conditions of the call for entries to the Monterrey International Film Festival.
- The Organization Committee will resolve any eventuality no contemplated in this call for entries. Its decision will not be subjected to appeal
Deadlines and notifications
The regular call for entries is open from the publication date, April 4th 2017 and closes on May 15th 2017. Late deadline is 15th June 2017. Due to the volume of entries, arrival of submissions and preview copies cannot be confirmed except through each submission platform’s own notification process. The final selection will be released online at www.monterreyfilmfestival.com and Consejo para la Cultura y las Artes de Nuevo León page www.conarte.org.mx. on July 17th 2017. Only submitters of selected films will be contacted.
Features and shorts opting for selection in both competitive and non-competitive sections can be submitted in the following platforms:
MONTERREY INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL will not consider submission of films via download links, dropbox, wetransfer or similar file transfer services.
If by any case you are unable to send your film digitally, we do accept a DVD entrance on rare and exceptional occasions, if this is your case please contact us at: email@example.com
a) International short film in regular call for entry: $8 USD
b) International short film in late entry: $12 USD
c) Mexican short films in regular call for entries: $4 USD
d) Mexican short film in late entry: $8 USD
e) International and Mexican Feature length in regular call for entry: $10 USD
f) International and Mexican Feature length in late entry: $15 USD
g) Nuevo León Feature length at any moment of entry: $8 US
h) Muestra Estatal de Cine Estudiantil (exclusively for Monterrey students) without fee
SECTIONS AND AWARDS
- Audience award to the best international feature length.
- Cabrito de plata for the best International Animated Short Film
- Cabrito de plata for the best International Documentary Short Film
- Cabrito de plata for the best International Fiction Short Film
- Cabrito de plata for the best mexican feature length
- Cabrito de plata for the best mexican documentary
- Cabrito de plata for the best mexican Animated Short Film
- Cabrito de plata for the best mexican Documentary Short Film
- Cabrito de plata for the best mexican Fiction Short Film
- Cabrito de plata for the best Nuevo León feature length with previous provenance confirmation.
- Cabrito de plata for the best Nuevo León Short Film with previous provenance confirmation. And Filmorent Award in cinema equipment rental.
To be considered for this category, at least director or producer should be a current resident of Nuevo León. Filmmakers born in Nuevo León, born in Mexico or foreigners with legal residence can participate in this category as long as they have lived at least three consecutive years in the state immediately before the release of this call for entries. Official documents are required for proving residency, such as:
1) INE Voting Card
2) Electricity, water or phone bill
3) University registration or grades from current term
4) A letter addressed to the Festival from your current employer
Copies of these documents can be e-mailed after registering your film to firstname.lastname@example.org
MUESTRA ESTATAL DE CINE ESTUDIANTIL
- Competition only for audiovisual students born or resident in Nuevo León, Mexico.
- Special MECE Award for the best short film.
- MGA SOUND Award in postproduction sound design.
The Organizing Committee will designate a jury integrated by specialist of renowned trajectory, who will be responsible to declare the winning films for each category. The winners will be announced in the Award Ceremony the 30th of August 2017 and will be available through the following websites www.monterreyinternationalfilmfestival.com www.conarte.org.mx later than 5th September 2017.
The director of each winning category will receive the Cabrito de Plata and the prizes given by the sponsors of the Festival. It shall be the power of the jury to declare any of the categories deserted. The decision of the jury shall be final.
- The projection copies whose native language is not English should be subtitled in English, including films in Spanish.
- In case your movie is in other language different from Spanish and you already have a previous subtitled work Spanish, please send the STR file or the dialogue list to us.
- The only accepted projection formats for features films and all Mexican selection are: Digital Cinema Format (DCP) and Blu-ray. The accepted formats for the international short films will be .mov file in H264 FullHD as minimum quality.
At any moment of the selection process the Festival can request a letter from the distributor or producer to certify that the possession of the rights and exhibition authorization is in order, as well as a commitment to turn in a copy of the film in HD.
Selected films two copies, with the final version will have to be sent on DVD or a private screening link available for promotion, subtitling to Spanish and rating by the RTC. THIS REQUIREMENT IS ESSENTIAL.
The director, producer or distributor of the selected films will also be asked to send a professional trailer or teaser trailer, along with a press kit and poster of the film.
We have a FAQ section for this call for entries. Please refer to it for more information.
Any additional questions can be submitted to:
email@example.com for full-length films information.
firstname.lastname@example.org for short films information